Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Research
The Research Coordinator works directly with the clinical research manager, other research coordinators and as well as the Principal Investigator to coordinate and implement the studies. The Coordinator ensures compliance with protocols and research objectives. This position is responsible for recruiting, coordinating office visits, compiling and updating participant files, data entering, and regulatory submissions to the Institutional Review Board. The position involves participant contact for study recruitment, screening, collection of study data and participant follow-ups. The Coordinator must also feel comfortable in the hospital setting. The Coordinator is responsible for sample collection preparation, storage and coordination of sample processing and maintaining study supplies and kits.
This research position is required to rotate call on weekends and nights with research staff.
- 1 year of recent and clinical research experience required
- The CRC is responsible for the organization, coordination, and overall integrity of a research project with human subjects. Principal and co-investigators provide the overall direction in a clinical study, but CRC’s have significant roles in the following clinical study activities:
- Recruiting, screening and enrolling participants
- Obtaining participant informed consent
- Scheduling tests and procedures
- Prepares and prints all study related reports
- Collection of clinical research data
- Ensuring accuracy of documentation
- Dispensing and managing study medications
- Managing the use of investigational devices
- Maintaining databases
- IRB reporting knowledge
- Help develop Standard Operational
- Procedures (SOP’s)
- The CRC obtains clinical samples for testing and collects information through chart reviews, subject interviews, questionnaires and test results. The coordinator locates problems and recommends solutions, both in data collection methods and adverse reactions that occur in study participants.
- It is the responsibility of the CRC to attend rounds in the hospital during the week with the physicians, PA’s and NP’s.
- It is the responsibility of the CRC to be “on call” on (rotated) nights and weekends. The CRC is on call 24/7 including holidays during the “on call” rotation Monday through Monday schedule.
- The CRC will have experience in a science or medical field including but not limited to, such as nursing, psychology, chemistry or biology. Certification through the Society of Clinical research Associates or equitable is recommended but not required.
- The CRC will need to gain respectable knowledge and comfort level of working in a hospital, such as the ED and critical care units, OR, and unit floors.
- The CRC must pay close attention to detail and have excellent communication skills with all research staff and staff of other departments of the hospital, and outside offices.
- The CRC will be responsible for reporting and presenting to scientific and non-scientific colleagues and clients regarding the clinical research performed at CNI
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and three references.