CNI NeuroHealth Center
Patient Clinics & Collaborations
The CNI NeuroHealth Center staff participates in monthly interdisciplinary clinics with CNI physicians. Our clinics include:
- Spasticity/Movement Disorders Clinic with Rajeev Kumar, MD, Medical Director of the CNI Movement Disorders Center, and Karen Theriot, MD, a rehabilitation specialist, through which the NeuroHealth Center provides physical and occupational consults to individuals with spasticity and other movement disorders in a team setting.
- Working with Karen Theriot, MD, a rehabilitation specialist, in a clinic setting, the NeuroHealth Center sees patients with multiple sclerosis and individuals needing bracing and wheelchairs.
- Huntington's Disease Clinic with Rajeev Kumar, MD, Medical Director of the CNI Movement Disorders Center, through which the NeuroHealth Center provides physical, occupational and speech therapy consults.
- Vision Clinic with Tom Politzer, OD, through which the NeuroHealth Center provides occupational therapy for vision issues.
- Participation in deep brain stimulation (DBS) team conferences and treatment of individuals prior to and after DBS surgery.
In each clinic, clinicians meet to discuss patients and core issues to be addressed in the clinic setting that day. Then patients are evaluated by physicians/therapists. Following these evaluations, the clinicians meet again to formulate a plan of care, which is presented to the patient and their caregiver for action. Generally, prescriptions for medications, follow-up therapy or additional medical services are provided that day. Patients need to be available for 1-3 hours depending on the clinic structure.